Welcome! If you have spent any time on our Vette-net in the last years, you know we’ve been in dire need of an overhaul, so here it is. We are still building out content, but we are open during construction so have a look around.
The introduction of the C7 Corvette it all trims – Base, Grand Sport, Z06 and now the 2019 ZR1 represents what I consider nearly the absolute representation of what can be squeezed out of the setup that has been Corvette for the nearly 65 years that this car has been in existence.
The front-engined, rear-wheel drive format has been tweaked to the limits of aerodynamics, power, grip, weight, traction and with 0-60 times continuing to drop into sub 3 seconds, these cars are brutally fast. Without the highly-integrated electronics these vehicles require great skill (and bravery) to drive and with them, they make you feel superhuman. They demand your respect. Truly a value priced performance thrill that you cannot experience any other way.
Ours is a love that spans generations. Whether you have a 50s or 60s styled C1, the highly sought after collectable few years of C2s, the long running and iconic C3 (those fenders!), the affordable performance of the C4s, the end of an era C5s, the high performing many variations of the C6 or the latest family of C7s, you know what I mean. I have never given up my dream of owning one of each. Until I do, I continue to be a fan like all of you, watching and learning and studying and dreaming about my favorites.
I hope you enjoy looking at, studying, admiring and most of all driving the Corvette as much as I do. Thanks for visiting.
David Harned // Editor
- [VIDEO] 2018 Corvette Z06 Carbon 65 Tuned by GeigerCarsGeigerCars is a US car specialist in Germany with a special affinity for American cars such as the Chevrolet Corvette. We’ve featured their work a number of times over the years and they never disappoint. So when we heard about their latest Corvette project, we hit the interwebs to find out more from the Munich-based […]Keith Cornett
- Federal Judge Tosses Two Claims in Lawsuit Against GM for Overheating Corvette Z06sThe plaintiffs in a lawsuit against General Motors and its C7 Corvette Z06 lost two of their claims to a Florida federal judge this week but insist that their most important claim survived. U.S. District Judge Darrin Gayles on Tuesday eliminated two of the claims – the fraudulent concealment claim citing Florida’s economic loss rule, […]Mitch Talley
- [VIDEO] Detroit Police Chief James Craig Reviews the 2019 Corvette ZR1 at NAIASWDIV Local 4 News in Detroit brought in a local Corvette expert to serve as a special correspondent for their coverage of the 2018 North American International Auto Show. The expert was none other than Detroit Police Chief James Craig who served as Local 4’s special reporter at NAIAS. Once on the scene, he made […]Keith Cornett
- [GALLERY] The 2019 Corvette ZR1 at the North American International Auto ShowThe biggest and most important auto show of the year kicked off this week in Detroit with the annual North American International Auto Show (NAIAS). While there were hundreds of new cars present and countless new model reveals we were there to peep just one car – the 755hp 2019 Corvette ZR1. The Chevrolet display […]Steve Burns
- Genovation GXE Formally Revealed at the Consumer Electronics ShowPhoto Credits: GenovationCars.com The saga of the Genovation GXE electric Corvette has finally come full circle as the company revealed the stunning finished product at the Consumer Electronics Show last week. The blue Grand Sport wowed crowds all week during its Las Vegas debut. Based in Maryland, Genovation cars states that the GXE will produce […]Steve Burns